Sunday, July 15, 2007

travel

This past week I was able to travel to Thailand to visit friends (and family). It was a blast! I also was able to get my computer fixed, which explains why I have been terrible about sending out the latest update...sorry! I'll start working on it :)

It was such a blessing to be around people I haven't seen in almost a year and to hear great things Father is doing in their cities. Also, it was just fun!...and it's always nice to get a little Western food! :)

We were able to make time to ride motorbikes, and look at some of the sites. We saw the river on our drive to the rafting place and were a little bummed because it looked tame. But we must have missed a few parts because it was pretty wild...I managed to stay in the raft (barely) although others weren't so lucky...

The highlight of my week:
I have been blown away at how quickly my niece is growing! Last time I saw her she took her first steps and now she is walking everywhere! I am so thankful for how often I have been able to see her since moving here. Father has been so good to me!

Overall it was just an awesome time of encouragement before coming back to my city. This summer I will be mostly meeting up with the few students who stayed here for the summer, making new contacts, and traveling in-country.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Val! Looks like you all had a great time. Where did you go to in Thailand? Are you going to be heading up our way on any of your travel in country?