Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Yellow Umbrella

This is our absolute most favorite noodle restaurant...and it just happens to be on or street! We like to call it the Yellow Umbrella. We recently were invited one morning to take a little tour and learn how to make some of our favorite dishes. Choppin' some veggies....most of these people who work here are part of the same family. We've gotten to know them pretty well...
Takin' a break

Here's the delivery boy

That's a lot of rice!

Joy got to help out cause she's got the most muscles :)
We also got to make some chao shou....which is pretty similar to wonton soup. It's harder than it looks!

Then we got to taste it, yum!

I was a tad bit nervous being back in the kitchen of my favorite restaurant would scare me away, but not at all! It was so fun to watch everything and I didn't see one insect or rodent, phew!

2 comments:

Our Adventures said...

Hey girl. You are brave to go in the back of a restaurant! Especially a favorite one! But I am glad you were not disappointed! I also loved the leap day post. We had thought about having a leap day party but we did not! Now I wish we would have! What fun!

Anonymous said...

oh, the yellow umbrella... i loved that place. it was sooo gooood.